Arduino Nano ESP32 - Software Installation
To program for Arduino Nano ESP32 board, we need:
- A text editor to write the code (human-readable code)
- A compiler to compile the code (human-readable code) to the binary code (ESP32-understandable code)
- A programmer to upload the binary code to Arduino Nano ESP32
It seems to be complicated ⇒ don't worry, The Arduino IDE does all for you. you just need to:
- Install this Arduino IDE
- Write the Arduino Nano ESP32 code (human-readable code)
- Click a button on the Arduino IDE to compile and upload the code to Arduino Nano ESP32 board.
Arduino IDE is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. We need to do the following steps:
- Download the Arduino IDE via this link and install it.
- After installing Arduino IDE, we can use it to program for Arduino immidiately. However, in order to program for ESP32, we need to do some environment configuration on Arduino IDE
- Open Arduino IDE
- Open the Boards Manager by clicking on the Board Manager icon on the left navigation bar of Arduino IDE
- Type “Nano ESP32”, then click Install button for the “Arduino Nano ESP32 by Arduino Systems“
The software installation is done. The next step is to run first program on Arduino Nano ESP32 board: Arduino Nano ESP32 - Hello World program.